Looking to Hire A Writer? Here is Everything You Should Know!
Running a business in the digital age requires a considerable amount of writing. There’s your website. Your blog. Social media posts. Sales copy. Advertisements. The list goes on. Who’s going to do all of that writing?
High-quality content writing leads to excellent lead generation, more attractive sales copy, and more traffic on your website and platforms. Brochures, catalogs, and ads are all benefits from a professional and highly educated writer. Hiring a writer to create documents, marketing copies, and press releases will make a vast difference in the way customers see your company.
Creating top-notch copy is not an easy task. Several blog posts on contentdreamteam.com take more than three hours to research, collect needed information, write, edit, and proofread. Therefore, more attention goes into the content marketing process, such as keyword research, performing SEO, and distributing posts. This is why it is essential to consider a writer for your business. On the other hand, hiring a writer will activate your website and boost its SEO, bring back helpful information for your readers by showing them the value of your product and service. It also helps you in attracting loyal customers. If you offer something to them, they come back to you by buying your product or service.
How to Hire a Content Writer?
Now that you have learned the importance of hiring a writer, it is time to hire one. You might think that you can just tell writers what they should do, they’ll do it, and you pay them. But this is not how it works because of the following reasons:
- Some writers are terrible with communication and keeping up with deadlines.
- There are many bad writers out there, and not every language graduate can be a great writer.
- Not all writers are familiar with SEO and content marketing.
- Many writers can’t keep up with the tone and style that you are looking for in your blogs.
These tasks will take time, but it is worth the investment, especially if you plan to build a long-term relationship with the writer. Don’t assume that you will have a freelance writer every time you want something to be written. This will only harm your company because every writer writes differently and has different tones and styles. You should hire the best writer out there and keep in mind four critical things during the hiring process:
- Do your research: look at writers’ portfolios and references. See if they are available on websites like your field. If they don’t have a vast record of excellent writing in the past, hire them carefully.
- Be clear and specific in your requirements: your job posting should be specific and include information on responding to the ad. Ask the writers to include samples or a link to their portfolios. This will take time and money, but hiring the perfect writer for your team is priceless.
- Test your applicants: making a paid test piece of content is the greatest bet for knowing the writer better and if they’re fit for your company. Sending them a task to do will let you know them better.
- Use several platforms to reach writers: writers are usually available on many platforms but sticking to one platform will make you miss the chance of someone who would be the perfect fit for your company.
The writer who provides the highest quality of writing and offers bonuses like research, publishing, and SEO can be pretty expensive. It will not be cheap to hire a writer, but it will save you the burden of writing, time, and money over doing it all yourself. You can also get in contact with us to hire great writers for your content!